Ever since I made the jump to using GIT for version control Atlassian Bitbucket has been my solution for hosted GIT source control.
For some pretty simple reasons:
- The company has a great online presence in social media
- Their portfolio of products covers a vast array of solutions, though not all suit my needs
- The down times for the service have never effected a project or our deadlines
- The pricing is much more reasonable than Github
- SourceTree made it much simpler for me to lower than barrier of entry for Junior Developers to use GIT
And lastly, Bitbucket rewards loyalty with additional seats. This image is from an email that I got this morning saying we now have double the number of seats without a price increase on our side.
As our team has expanded to require working more and more with freelancers and production houses we have seen our seats expand as we have others sign up for Bitbucket.
I can certainly see sticking with Bitbucket for quite a while.